→ node [[sign-up]]
⥅ pulled node [[agora-editor]]
↳ subnode [[@flancian/agora-editor]]
As of 2021-05-07, the recommended Agora editor is obsidian plus the obsidian git plugin.
- install obsidian by visiting https://obsidian.md and then follow vault backup to set up backup to git: https://docs.github.com/en/github/importing-your-projects-to-github/adding-an-existing-project-to-github-using-the-command-line.
- Then follow the procedure below to add your vault or digital garden to the agora.
From 2021-01-03 until 2021-05-07, the recommended Agora editor was foam.
- foam is a vscode extension.
- If those worlds make sense to you, congratulations :) You can use foam.
You can also use:
- dendron, which should be a drop-in foam replacement in vscode.
- roam plus roam2agora
- org mode - experimental
- jekyll and other static site generators
- In essence, all you really need to use the Agora is the capability to produce text in some format and make it publicly available somewhere.
- After getting yourself a digital garden, you need to let an agora know about it so it can be pulled and integrated. Please send a pr adding your garden to gardens.yaml or reach out to a maintainer with a link to your git repository and your desired username.
- Please reach out if you have questions or suggestions :)
- My proposal for you now is that we used the internet-given capability of sharing text and media with others at effectively zero cost and agree on a protocol to communicate optimally.